Charles Fowler is a biblically qualified Christian candidate for the United States Senate.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

U. S. Senate Debate


----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Fowler
To: newsroom@chieftain.com
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 8:05 AM
Subject: U. S. Senate Debate






Charles Fowler U. S. Senate 2004
Post Office Box 5532, Colorado Springs, CO 80931-5532
Candidate Direct Phone Line: 719-392-3814
Campaign Manager: 719-471-1040




To the Editor,

We have attached a letter from the Denver Metro Young Republicans essentially advising our campaign, that our candidate for U. S. Senate, Charles Fowler, would not be invited to participate along with Pete Coors and Bob Schaffer in their Senate Debate. Along with that letter, we are attaching the letter that Charles Fowler sent in response to that decision and a copy of his letter to President George W. Bush, also regarding this matter.

The Charles Fowler for Senate Team has two simple concerns regarding this decision;

#1. That the voters know that Charles Fowler is indeed still a candidate for the United States Senate and is not participating in the Coors vs Schaffer Senate Debate, simply because he is not invited to do so.

#2. The democratic process within the Colorado Republican Party is being limited, not by the voters, but by the media and the current party leadership. As a result, the forum for open and honest debate on a broad range of issues is also being limited. We feel the people of Colorado are being deprived of both a full and lively debate.

Charles Fowler is a qualified candidate for the United States Senate. Please visit his website for more information about Charles and a comprehensive listing of where he stands on the issues in this Senate race:

http://www.charlesfowler.com

Listen to Charles Fowler on "Colorado Matters" along with host Dan Drayer:

http://www.cpr.org/cgi-bin/comatters/com_search.cgi?kword_comatters=U.+S.+Senate+Candidates&stype_comatters=and

View his profile at Rocky Mountain News.com

http://election.rockymountainnews.com/candidateDetail.cfm?cand_id=1487

I trust that you will understand our concerns and relay this information to your readership.

Thank you,

The Charles Fowler for U. S. Senate Team


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Fowler U. S. Senate 2004
Post Office Box 5532, Colorado Springs, CO 80931-5532
Candidate Direct Phone Line: 719-392-3814
Campaign Manager: 719-471-1040





Dear Mr. Kopelman,

I appreciate the notification and to no surprise, of course, I disagree with the decision of the DMYR board. I am not sure what my supporters may or may not have done. I hope they were kind and presented a reasonable case for our campaign being allowed to participate in this process. And I believe that indeed they were.

I certainly plan on attending the State Republican Convention on June 5th and trust that I will be given the opportunity to present the message of my campaign at that time. In the mean time I am certainly going to continue communicating our message to the voters, raising money and doing all within my ability to campaign for the office of United States Senator from Colorado I will continue to fight for the freedom of speech and democracy in our country. I will continue to voice my opposition to policies that are harmful to the working families of Colorado, both democratic policies and republican policies. I will continue to speak out for what is right.

If after June 5th I am a qualified candidate, I will take this as an invitation and will certainly be glad to participate in that debate. For now though, it is only fair to advise the public, the press and my supporters that the reason Charles Fowler is not participating in the DMYR sponsored debate, is the simple fact that he is not invited. I am certainly open to and more than willing to participate in any debate or forum that I am allowed to be a part of.

If for some reason, the DMYR or even the leadership of the Republican Party do not think that I am qualified for the office of United States Senator. Then certainly they should trust the people, the voters and the democratic process to make that determination.

I can guarantee you and the audience on Monday night, that the debate would have been more enlightening, invigorating and enjoyable if Charles Fowler was on that platform, along with Pete Coors and Bob Schaffer. It is when decisions of this nature or made that democracy suffers, the voters, the people of the great State of Colorado are deprived of honest and open debate from all sides of the issues. And in a real sense, both the purpose and benefits of a primary process are thwarted.

However,it is in the spirit of President Abraham Lincoln, that I must now pass the decision of the DMYR board on to my team of loyal supporters:

"I have a solemn oath registered in heaven to finish the work I am in, in full view of my responsibility to my God, with malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right as God gives me to see the right."

-Abraham Lincoln-

So, Mr. Kopelman, to you and the DMYR board, my best wishes and hopes that another opportunity will be offered for us to present our message to your group in the future.

Sincerely,

Charles Fowler

http://www.charlesfowler.com



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Kopelman
To:
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:46 PM
Subject: RE: A Message from Charles Fowler U. S. Senate 2004


> Dear Mr. Fowler,
>
> Thank you for your input, and that of your supporters, regarding
> participation in the Schaffer v. Coors Senate debate. I discussed the
> matter with the DMYR board and we concluded that since the debate has been
> promoted as a Schaffer - Coors Republican Senate debate since the beginning,
> we are not going to change it at this point in time.
>
> As you know, the State Republican convention is on June 5, after that time,
> if you are still a qualified candidate, we would consider a pre-primary
> debate among the remaining candidates.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> Sincerely,
> Dan Kopelman
> DMYR President
> 303-638-3099

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Charles Fowler U. S. Senate 2004
Post Office Box 5532, Colorado Springs, CO 80931-5532
Candidate Direct Phone Line: 719-392-3814
Campaign Manager: 719-471-1040





The Honorable George W. Bush
President of the United States of America
The White House
Washington, D.C. 20500


Dear President Bush,

It is in good faith that I am attaching a letter of notification denying me the opportunity to debate with Pete Coors and Bob Schaffer in the U. S. Senate Race. I am also attaching my response. Mr. President, my only concern is that the people of Colorado are being deprived of an honest and lively debate from the perspective of all the candidates.

Now Mr. President, I promised my supporters that I would voice my concerns at the highest levels of the party. And that of course is why I am relaying this decision on to you.

Mr President, I am not asking for any action on your part. But I would ask that you be aware of the fact, that even with election reform, running for public office in the United States of America is still being reserved for the very elite. No one can deny that there is an aristocracy in the American political process and no where is this seen more clearly than in our own Republican Party.

And so it is, Mr President, with malice toward none and charity for all, I press on.

Thank you for your time today. And may God continue to bless your Presidency.

Your fellow Republican,


Charles Fowler







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home