Charles Fowler is a biblically qualified Christian candidate for the United States Senate.

Monday, May 17, 2004

Charles Fowler Opposes Military Draft

Charles Fowler has this to say on the military draft issue:

I had a Vietnam era draft card and was very fortunate that the war ended when it did. If the Vietnam war had continued, I would obviously have been drafted and probably sent to Vietnam. My future plans for education and ministry would have ended. I am 6 to 7 years older than both Pete Coors and Bob Schaffer. Neither would have a clue to what I am talking about. Neither of these men would know what it was like to carry around a draft card and know that each time the draft lottery was rolled it could be calling up your number.

I believe we can maintain the military strength necessary by continuing to modernize our military. Offer better pay and better benefits to our volunteer military. And only under very extreme circumstances would I even consider a military draft. And by that I mean, an imminent attack or threat of attack against the United States of America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home